Sunday, 11 February 2007

Winter Wonderland

Quite a cool week been quite busy with my training...
Monday
After speaking to Scott on msn about wanting to jump further, he told me to do some squatting and moving around in a squatted postition and powering into the next movement, I repeated an average standing precision there and back over and over starting in this position, I spent at least an hour doing these and practicing my landings. (Brief I know)
Tuesday - Friday
Did a lot of precision training, squatting and press ups etc, repeating and challenging myself. Friday came and I was bored doing conditioning and practice, so I got a ring off a friend and went out snowball fighting, which was pretty damn immense and my parkour came into use, woot. The best thing about it was the terrain we had to fight on, a large fence where some building work is taking place, with a huge mound of mud in the middle covered in snow and a digger and around the fence a huge area of flatland and a few cars. As it was 2 against 1 i got the inside spot with the digger and to start with i hid behind the mudpile and used it as a bunker throwing snowballs like grenades over the top, i then got a clear shot of my friend ran to the top and launched a few at him, over the top of the fence, i 'skidded' doen the mudhill land during this, collected some snow for my next snowball, made it threw it and just missed. But ... the best bit of this snowball fight wasn't the efficient runs i had to use (sorry for not mentioning these), but a little move i did, I collected a snowball dodging me 2 friends snowballs, then rolled to dodge some more launching my snowball as I came out of the roll just missing my friends head by an inch, wish I'd have hit him, although it could of killed him hehe.
Saturday
A day I expected to be boring and crap because of the wetness of Leeds which turned out very good actually, summed up briefly, a small hell night, squatting, loads of dash vaults, precisioning, running, underbars, basic drilling of vaults and finally looking up at a high ish arm jump, which I didn't do because iof the angle, surface and the fact it was soaked but its in my goal book along with the castleford running roof jump. Went to a wet and soggy morrisons and spotted a rather large jump, which i will hopefully do when I improve, it looks within my reach now actually but you have to land in between two squashed together walls making it look worse, plus with it being wet making it look even harder. I also made some wet weather runs where I ran jumped over a wall, ducked a rail and slid down a wet slope landed ran off into a lazy and kept doing this till i got it looking as controlled as i possibly could.

Here is the potential jump at Morrisons:

1 comment:

Mc said...

He-hey, nice jump idea :P though I'm wondering just how possible that is at the moment. Last tiem I was there it looked huge doing it from the other side, so i dunno. Anyway nice training, keep it up boi (Y)