Been in Leeds town 4 out of 5 days this week, training with Guy, Brad and Pete, and on 1 of those days i went to Sheffield gym. Im going to have to be real brief so i can get to Saturday.
Monday
Ace jam Scott forced me to go to Leeds as he said it was dry, got there literally as soon as i stepped off the bus it pissed it down..grrrrrrrr. But we went to the undercover spot and Scott told me to just go for this dash precision which i was extremely pleased with and only me and wayne managed it. Very happy... I obviously did more this is very brief. Oh i also got very good at underbarring and tic tacs.
Tuesday
The gym was ace, managed to get my backtucks looking much nicer than usual, managed sideflips on flat, managed to control reallly high frontflips over a box off a springboard, round off bactucks even nicer than before I even over rotated some of them teehee, and finally managed to get head height frontflips and watched in envy at guys insane clearance of 9 people with a frontflip. WOW!
Wednesday
Went into Leeds town met up with Sonic, Wayne and Peter a bit later on, was injured from the gym which I forgot to mention but forgot and trained loadsa basics like shit and had a good laugh. The day got better as Pete arrived as I started improving my outside foot lazies and tic tacs, arm jumps, basically everything, so overall ace day.
Thursday
Went into Leeds again, met up with Guy, Sonic, Wayne, Brad and Pete and we all trained and spoke about the gym. Again it was wet so we trained in the undercover spot again doing tic tacs and the lot. Cant remember much really hehe.
Friday
Had a break from Leeds and decided we'd train around my own part of Leeds with Brad and Pete, but we were too fucked from all the action, and wetness of the day so we decided to socialise and sit in blockbusters and have a laugh around moortown for ages then went and did my paperound with them joking as we went.
Saturday!!!
Today was some extremely intense training, i managed to complete at least 6 of my goals. In the morning I gave Guy a hug and Pete because i love them you see, and Alex came too!!! Yay, long time no see! And Leeds was f**king dry as anything, so i trained with Guy, Alex, Pete, Scott, Dex, Wayne, Pedro, Hollie who has a nice belly *cough*, ok put simply everyone I like to train with hehe. I then practiced my two armed get ups as i'd only tried them once on flat topped walls before and i got them bang on today pretty quick progression in my opinion. Also managed this catpass to arm jump but sideways? My landings are now extremely soft even from quite high. And one of my biggest achievements of today was the arm jump at the art gallery from the top step, which Alex did nice one ma boy! And this is for Guy I did it especially for him, I craned the wall of the rail but with my hands, btu more a crane than anything else, also another achievement of mine. We tehn moved on to the famous brown rail place, actually it isn't famous at all, pfft and I was really up for an arm jump that Scott managed, problem is I did it but landed it awfully and injured my ankle really weirdly, it was kinda sore, until i started walking but whenever i put pressure onto it, it hurt real bad. But enough of the complaining! I said to myself improve your upper body while you've got the chance until it goes so i was there on the scaffolding getting extremely close to two armed muscle ups, it kinda was a shame though my jumping distance was improving rapidly before i hurt my ankle but i stuck to my guns and kept training my arms. We got to the little councilly area where the arm jumps we found were and i decided to try climbing up 2 armed really slowly to test my strength i could do it surprisingly well actully. I then tried it as fast as i could and i did it very fast to be honest, I'm quite happy with my progression lately. After this we headed up to the Uni and went to some scaffolding where i practiced my laches and little combinations high up, i even did a body drop which was quite high but i still have feelings that i can go higher, we'll see *winks*. I'm quite pleased with my lache technique actually ever since Scott taught me hwo to do them. It was dark when we got back to the art gallery so i trained some tic tacs and get ups with Hollie whohas a nice belly if i haven't mentioned it before and I realised that i can control my body pretty well now, obviously there's still a lot of space that needs filling up.
So heres my new idea, OH NO! I decided that once im relatively comfortable with heights i'm going to go back to the beginning and improve everything i know, until i get it almost perfect since you cant ever perfect in parkour.
Yeh in a bit people!
Saturday, 17 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
DB wouldn't say his techniques are almost perfect, so it will take a long time before you get to that level :P
As for the stuff you did on sat (Y)
The climb-ups you did were very good and you look very controlled and 'able' when you do the arm jump at the gallery and climb-up in the clips Alex got - very able in deed!
If it is not already one of your goals make it one... to do the cat pass to precision at the undercover spot... you have done much bigger and its all a confidense thing!
Post a Comment