Sunday, 29 April 2007

Day of awakening

Saturday
Good day of training, involved me getting into town at half 10. To be honest I came to this jam because Alex asked me to the night before, because at first i wasn't up for it because of my leg not being fully healed. I then decided upon the advantages, in other words increasing my upper body strength. So I met everyone at the art gallery, saw Guy, Tweepeet and Alex, we then stayed and trained at the art gallery BUT there was something good about this day, the pain in my leg was nearly gone, which allowed me to do some proper parkour training (still can't trick though :( ] I practiced some dyno's which I can now do without hesitation, and taught TP the techniques enabling him to do some rather large ones for his small self.
We then moved on to the church where the arm jumps and the brown rails are, where Alex did the biggest one he's done yet. I practiced some small movements around this area until we moved on to the police station scaffolding and when we got there the first thing I thought was 'muscle ups' so went straight to the best bar at the end and practiced until I got one perfectly. I then went a practiced some underbars getting a little higher throughout the day.
Later on we went to the yorkshire bank spot where i had previously done the catpass to clearance, but this time catpass the whole thing and then did a catpass to speed over it. I also practiced some rail precisions on a rail barely and inch think and managed to stick it a few times.
I am now going to skip ahead a few stages, so that we are in the uni shops resting area (so good after you've been training), we bought our food and drink then moved on to a small park where the Kaox lads left us.
In the park we set our selves some challenges where Scott was cat crawling all the way round the park on one foot, and i practiced some creative movements on two bars and practiced balancing moving backwards and forwards on a rail. Overall this was my day of awakening, in 0ther words the first day in ages where i've felt most able and the fact that my injury didn't seem to affect me much.
In a bizzle she wizzle.

1 comment:

mcquade said...

Glad you are healing nicely :)
The best thing about that jam for me was when there was about 8 of us lining up to use a single bar to do muscle ups on!!! Even 6 months ago, this would have been outrages and we would have more than likely been lining up to vault a wall!! Such a good realisation for me of how far we have come as a group :) PROUD :)
Your muscle ups were sick btw, still not quite together with my arms yet, my shoulders go over together fine but I'm so used to doing them the other way I can't help myself :P

Able: YES YOU ARE. Just think of this... Think of how many people at your school could catch you on anything other than open ground, there might be some lanky fast git but apart from that you are a very able traceur and can 'compete' with any of us in Leeds.

Peace man