Last Saturday (very briefly)
I impressed myself as I managed a jump at Morrisons which Guy pointed out to me, roughly as you enter the spot, where we all train on that one small tree in a square of concrete and mud, a rather high one to just, you know jump as people usually run and pop vault it, but yes, I decided to jump it as Guy told me I could do it and yes, after a few failed attempts I could only manage to crane it, but even Guy couldn't land on it two footed, but so far it's only me and him that have succeeded in this as everyone else has failed but will definetely manage it when I point it out to them. Oh and this was the day I managed to get my backtucks back on grass..finally!!
Through the week
So through the week, not that much training at all, revision for my mocks. Just the odd bit of control work and landing testings in my garden as usual, landing softly is almost second nature to me now. This is until Friday, when as soon as my mum went out of the house, I decided I'd attempt a cat pass precision on my sofa, with a couple of attempts I managed it fine... So here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaCAd90gKDsstairs
Oh!! Sorry for the over editing and walking down the stairs (ED *cough*)...
Saturday
Moving to this Saturday......AMAZING.......Managed to achieve a lot of things yesterday, starting in the morning (obviously), did the usual little routine, jogging around doing little runs etc except for the difference that I trained with CDV and Scotteh. We then moved to the the scaffolding at the swimming baths and I drilled a few combos on it practicing my flow and strength work. Crossed a bridge adn went over to the recently found spot over the motorway, where me and the Kaox crew challenged each other. I found the most awkward arm jump in existance, it was to an extreme angle so oyu had to jump diagonally and one foot had to be on the wall where there was nothing to grip as it was to tall and you then kind of had to slide your way across the wall from here to the ledge to grip. Hard but I managed it in the end and kept repeating over and over so I could mentally do it again if it need be. It was then time for some one armed arm jumps, I did a few running and a stationary one where you had to jump UP UP UP, which I found extremely difficult at first and eventually managed it, held on put my second arm up, pulled up and popped onto the top of the wall. For the laugh of the day it had to be mine and Cunnis attempts at a precision, but not an ordinary one, one with a ledge and a rail on it like a balcony, which you would normally use an armjump for. But we decided we'd jump it and not touch the railing AT ALL and we also had to stick it and land there perfectly, this took us what felt like 60 attempts as it was actually solid, but one after the other we managed it in the end.
We later moved to the uni moving from place to place where we found some scaffolding (more) and we did some training, which came to boiling hot bailing point (funny because I didn't actually bail on the scaffolding). I attempted to stick a running jump but when it came to the boiling hot landing point it equalled to boiling hot bailing point, because I actually jumped with a lot of power and control and the landing would have been nice too if the surface area hadn't have moved away from my feet when they made contact....hence me on my ass!
Skipping past the Uni as I want to get to TODAY's story (and the fact im forgetful and can't remember everything from Saturday) we wen't to the place near the cool sculpture of a horse, where I finally stuck a small ish jump with a hard landing, almost everytime, quite nicely, something I was pleased with. Oh I almost forgot I also managed to stick another small/average jump with a tiny rail to land on, there and back 3 times,something else I was happy with. But the biggest achievement for me was a cat pass precision, which I'd been looking at for ages but always found it looked too high to cat pass. But I decided it was time to have a go, so i started by two footing it first and found out it was actually quite easy as I did it first time. So I kept on going at it and started to land it one footed, but then... I saw Scott clear the whole thing from a catpass from the first ledge and skip the second ledge, so basically a cat pass precision but clear what you are going to land on. I then realised that I had a fair chance of doing this myself and after a while of repeatedly landing it one footed, I decided I'd just go for it and cleared it. So narrowing it down it is only me and Scott who have managed to clear it so far, but I have a feeling that Ed and Jamie will follow on soon. I then tried to attempt this split foot, a little hesitant at first as again the wall is pretty high, but managed to do it first time and land on the opposing wall. I never actually managed to clear it split foot though, most likely because of the height, at least I know what to repeat and keep practicing.
After this me and Ed decided we'd go and find my cousin (I'm trying to get her into parkour) and we eventually found her BUT she was inside Starbucks with my auntie and we couldn't get in and she couldn't get out, so we just waved instead and moved on. At this point though me and Ed lost the others so got bored for a bit and starting chatting about parkour, girls and random bullshit like Scoobydoo (GREAT LAUGH), we rang various people who were 'jamming' that day but they just wouldn't answer until we managed to get a reply from Luke, and eventually found them. So we founf the rest and trained at the armouries until we were fecked and went home.
TODAY - OUR DAY OUT TO CASTLEFORD
Now today was a day which was different for me and impressed me and tested my skills, arm jumps, precisions, catpass armjumps, catpass precisions, climbing, outside foot lazying and roof jump galore. Wow! On my rating list, I'm unsure whether today beat yesterday or not.
Anyway, I got to the bus station to meet Scott, Ed and Jamie this morning and for once I was early (achievement no.1), so I practiced balancing with Scott whilst we were with the other two. Finally they had arrived I kept on balancing which I did whilst they were all doing sweet underbars, which I'm shit scared of.
We got on the bus at 11:15 and headed off to Castleford with me enjoying the outside environment and thinking of new things to do, whilst the others spoke about training sessions and parkour (I think). We arrived in Cas and came straight to an arm jump we can see in Scotts training video as the very first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSp1L5-RYj0
I decided I wouldn't do this as Scotts level is far superior to mine, although through my eyes it looked as if I could have made it but I didn't want to take the risk and fuck myself up for the rest of the training ahead of me.
So we moved on to a set of garages with sharp surfaces, where we practiced scaling and climb ups from the arm jump position which I would say I'm relatively good at now. We then practiced doing tic tac arm jumps, which I started off doing in the normal arm jump poistion but with Scotts trusty advice I managed to do a waist armjump and popped up pretty quickly(achievement 2). We finished a short session here then Scott found an old looking building which we climbed and had a look around, Scott found a huge gaping roof jump, which he did without hesitation, and then Ed followed and managed his first roof gap, which I admit was pretty big. So me and Jamie were left there thinking whether or not we should do it or not, thing is...we both knew we could easily make the distance, it's just of the large risk factor, but I'm dissapointed with this, as I half trusted myself and Scott and Ed trusted me completely, so therefore the obstacle defeated me = not happy, but I will manage it on my next trip to Cas. The whole idea of this roof training seemed to help us all a lot getting used to being up high etc, as this isn't usually what I do, it felt amazing being up there(achievement 3) and not on the same old ground level, I think I'm gradually overcoming my fear of heights now.
So we dropped down me and Jamie feeling slightly dissapointed, but made up for it later on. So we went to a council estate area which are always good for parkour training, where me and Scott managed to stick our landings on thin beams there and back 10 times, without fail. In this area we came to a cat pass precision but the opposing ledge was higher up and at an angle, after lining it up I managed to crane it which I was happy with (achievement 4), but Scott reckonned I could have landed it 2 footed but I disagreed and left it at that after craning it a repeated amount of times. Moving to a wall which wasn't too thin at the top but the wind made it scary, we climbed up and spotted a level arm jump to an angle, which we all were shit scared of but all attempted it, I haven't actaully landed one of these before up until today when I did it fine. But the landing was really odd and I had to extend my body fully and let it slide down the wall as my feet made contact, but somehow this made my climb up all the more faster, this is achievement 5 for me today.
So by now you can gather that we were all extremely hungry and thirsty so went to the town centre's co-op and bought me some mexican chicken salad with pasta and some mayonaisy youghurt stuff, it was lovely.
We then went to a club which Scott trains on where I managed to rid of my height fear almost and climbed the damn side of the building like Scott does at 00:51 in his video (achievement 6). I like listening to Scott (most of the time) because I improve more. I also managed the tiny roof gap in the same sequence in his video.
We then found a place for me to train my previously explained dreaded underbars (I HATE THEM) but I was impressed with myself as I managed to do them almost as large as the others were doing at a good control,I almost got to the point of where Scotteh does them in his video but still quite far from it (massive achievement 7).
Finally right before we went our seperate ways, I managed a cat pass arm jump which I'd been looking at as we'd passed it previously, and did it with ease and climbed up like a bullet this was my final achievement.
So overall today was ...... WICKED!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
“and kept repeating over and over so I could mentally do it again if it need be” – That’s ma boy!
Today was a bit leet to be honest :)
“Moving to a wall which wasn't too thin at the top but the wind made it scary, we climbed up and spotted a level arm jump to an angle, which we all were shit scared of but all attempted it” – LOL
That wall was like 8 foot high, how can standing on it be scary :P
The arm jump is nice though and you did it well considering you had never landed one like that before… And yes slipping down the wall like that does help you to climb up – all your muscles are tensed up from stopping the slide so pulling up is slightly easier.
Well done with the cat pass to clear the second wall as well – keep up the good stuff and rest well – I know I need to… but now Owen is coming to town tomorrow :|
peace
Hey man, really enjoyed reading that, sounds like you've had some really good training sessions. I can't wait to get to Leeds and train with you again :)
Post a Comment